.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Big Five Personality Theory Essay

Psychology refers to study of serviceman mind and bearing. The main panorama at of psychology is to gain an intricate understanding of only and why individuals wear the way they do and what atomic number 18 the causes of their behavior. The ultimate aim is to understand a man in order to benefit society at large. on that point are many theories that discuss and try to explore contrastive aspects of human behavior. The big five individualality theory has been revolutionary and is currently the around accepted model in the scientific community. It consists of five traits Extraversion, Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, Emotional perceptual constancy, and receptiveness and can be remembered by acronym Ocean. One of the best ways to attack a trait is to directly ask a person nearly the trait ( self report ) and then suck up an observer to endure the trait ( observer report ). Me and my husband scored me on various traits as detailed above separately. We scored the answe rs, the scores and details of each trait are as belowExtroversionMy extroversion scores were (41- 41). This suggests I am talkative, outgoing, seek adventure, and excitement. Introverted people are quiet and reserved, though around researchers be possessed of shown that introverts can be as gregarious in neighborly situations as extroverts but the key is in the source of force. Extroverts gain energy from social interactions where as introverts from solitude. This is so true in my case. I throw off never been comfortable being alone.OpennessI scored (78-65) in openness, which is characterized by imagination, broadmindedness, originality. People low in this trait traditional, stick to familiarity, follow time-tested paths. Its true in my case. I love challenges, trying clean things adds new dimension and meaning to my life. In fact I would go ahead and say not doing different things disappoints me. It is this trait that got me my boyfriend who is right away my husband. I wor k out this need comes because I lived 22years of ritualistic and traditional life. give thanks to a strict father.Conscientious I scored (33-36) on conscientious which is characterized by dependability, efficiency and persistence. I love order in anything. Be it my wardrobe, lyceum routine, doing my laundry on Saturday or cleanliness of the house. Being on time to appointments, retentivity order in life, I believe speaks volumes about a person and I intend to have a positive one. Guess, I get that trait from my father. He was always prompt with bills, early for appointments even cosy ones. I did not know one could live any new(prenominal) way.AgreeablenessI scored 30(me)-43(husband) in agreeableness. It is characterized by less forbid emotions, give care jealousy, revenge and more empathy. People low in this trait look to win arguments not people, lean more towards excitement and dominance. I guess my husband sees me as being as agreeable because he himself is a agreeable per son and sees positive in others always whereas I am more critical of myself. I am supportive of friends and family and empathize a lot with people to an extent that I feel angry if my cockeyed ones are insulted. But at the same time if someone does something revile even if it is my mother I will not stop myself from confronting her. So, I must say I agree with my score of 30.Emotional stabilityI Scored 16(me)-29(husband) in Emotional stability. It is characterized by stability in emotions in various situations in life and they are calm, free from persistent controvert feelings. People rating low on this trait show negative emotions like anger, anxiety, depression, low tolerance to stress, mood swings and pessimism, Both me and my husband have scored me low on this scale. The reason is I do get evince easily. Exams, major decisions in life get me on my nerves. At those generation I am a different person angry, not comprehendible and irritable. But once I find solution to the p roblem in my mind, I immediately get back to being myself. I guess, I need to work on being more stable. The big 5 theory helps shed light towards cast of charactersation of human personalities and why different individuals exhibit different emotions and reactions when dealing with different social situations. Human behavior just like psychology itself is a broad specialty and having all the answers is virtually impossible. However having different theories give innumerabledetails that helps form a bigger picture of causes and variables that shape a human.Anju Priyadarshini

No comments:

Post a Comment